Last night was awards night at Awana for Aiden and Maverick. Mom and I went since daddy and pappy were out of town.
Maverick got a baggy of goodies for participating and carried the Bible to the front for the pledges. He did so well!!!
Aiden is in Sparkies which is kids grades Kindergarten-2nd grade. I think there were about 11 kids in the front last night. They read all the Kindergartners names and the number of points they earned and gave them their ribbons and certificates. But they forgot Aiden. Then they went through the 1st graders and 2nd graders. Then they announced the kids with the top three points and Aiden got SECOND PLACE!! He had 7400 points which if I understand correctly means he memorized about 74 verses. The first place winner was a second grader. Next year we are going to work harder and maybe he'll get first place. :)
He was as pleased as punch. And so was I. Of course, if I were a good mommy I would have remembered to bring the camera and I would post pictures. But I forgot it. Oh the shame!
No comments:
Post a Comment