John 14:6
Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
To me this shows how the simple Charlotte Mason methods for memory work. We started trying them out a few weeks ago and this is one of the verses we have worked on. Griffin is just 2 1/2 and is easily memorizing scripture without struggle or any real "work." All the boys are doing much better. I think I will slide in our address one of these days since it is a beast to remember and I think this way they would learn. :)
2 comments:
Awesome! Did you get the idea from a book? Which one?
Vicky- It was totally painless. We just read a few verses every day until the kids can say them without me. It took a few minutes-maybe an hour- to "build" the system but now I have very little work I have to do to keep it going. I got it from www.simplycharlottemason.com Scroll down and on the left is a section called "Time Savers" click on "Scripture Memory System" As you can see we practice during meals-both breakfast and lunch. I love it! I am memorizing and actually learning the "addresses" to the verse too (I am horrible at remembering the reference but I'm getting it with the kids).
Post a Comment