Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

HItting a Brick Wall!

Why is it that when I get an idea to really do something (like clean my house and purge some junk) that I seem to hit a brick wall. Friday I knew I had the WHOLE day to myself for doing just that (which is what I wanted to do). Instead I laid in bed much of the day with a migraine. I did get the kids' rooms cleaned up in little spurts throughout the day. Saturday, I was supposed to do a 5k run with Shane, Heather, and some others but was still struggling with the headache. I stayed home and slept some more. I was able to clean up the book cases bit by bit again. I was even able to work my books over well enough that I am moving one big book case to the garage. (YEAH!!) Shane also helped me move the desk.

Now I have 3 days to get the rest of the house in order...it is a big job and my enthusiasm has waned. I still have a headache (this is day 4) and a really short fuse. The kids got too much Easter candy and sweets and junk so they are a bit wired. I wish I could have gotten the start I wanted on Friday. I probably would have been more than half done at this point and see the light at the end of the tunnel. Instead, I'm in the "looks worst before it looks better" stage and a bit disgruntled. :-(

So that is my happy post for this Monday morning! :-) I JUST had a thought...it comes from a poem I read a while ago. Instead of thinking about getting the WHOLE house in order I'm going to go "do the next thing." And maybe by Wednesday...the job will be close to being done.

No comments: