Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Some FAQS about Hearts at Home

according to me...


You can check out all they have to offer at their website www.hearts-at-home.org. 

The national conference is in Normal, IL.  This is where I attended.  They also have conferences listed in Grand Rapids, MI and Rochester, MN.  There is also an international Mom's Day Out!

This year's national conference (well, the next one) is March 13 and 14 at Illinois State University in Normal, IL.  I will be going so if any are interested...let me know...the more the merrier!  

A few notes about the conference.  No children are allowed...even nursing babies.  Although this made me sad because I couldn't go last year, it is nice to have a place where there are no children and you can just be with other moms.  We got lunch at the conference both days.  It was a nice picnic lunch.  We got a "fast lunch."  You have less time to eat and we sat on the floor in a hallway (with a BUNCH of other people) but it was fine.  There is a slow lunch option but then you miss a class each day.  We figured we can go out for a nice lunch another time.  It was perfect.  There is also dinner served before the Mom's Night Out if you choose that option.  We did and I think I would again.  The food was pretty good (lasagna I think) and it meant we were right in the building and could choose good seats.  Many leave and go to a restaurant for dinner though.  Parking is rough but they work hard to make it work.  Everyone is so friendly.  The classes offered are on a WIDE range of subjects so there would be something for EVERYONE!!!  If you can...you really should go!!!

Well, Griffin is upset with me for one reason or another so I need to go.  

But before I do...DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE CONTEST!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so here's the deal -- the idea of all of these things falling into place so that I would actually have an entire free afternoon is so far outside of my reality that it just blows my mind to think about it. So... I'm gonna go all out. You didn't say how much extra money I have, so I'm gonna assume I have a lot. Michael and I have ALWAYS wanted to see New England in the fall, but, obviously, as grain farmers that will never happen. So I would abduct Michael from his combine cab, catch a FAST jet to Vermont and enjoy walking quietly with my husband down a quiet lane deep in the God-painted autumn hills. We would enjoy a picnic prepared for us by a local inn, complete with all the local specialties, before hopping back on the FAST jet to come home. Sigh. That's what I would do.