Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A New Goal!

So last week, with a couple friends, I joined a weight loss challenge.  It is 10 weeks (I think).  It ends the week BEFORE thanksgiving (whew!!!)  We weighed in for the first time on Thursday night after eating a huge Mexican meal and drinking lots of water.  We wanted our first weigh ins high, right!?!?!?!   There are 5 of us on the team, all with different specific goals.  We have names ourselves "The Wannabes!"  Why? you may ask.  Well, it is simple.  Although we all have different specific goals we ALL "wannabe" skinny!!  Ha, ha...thanks MamaGene for the inspiring name!

Since then I have been tracking calories on sparkpeople.  It is a great site where you can log the food you eat and it tracks your calories for you.  I can also track other important nutrients...calcium, iron, fiber and a number of others.  It helps you set goals for amounts of water to drink and everything.  I even get an example menu (which I rarely follow but it gives me ideas).  I also enter all the exercise I do each day....walking, gardening (today) and Pilates for cardio.  And it gives me strength training 3 days per week (which is the goal I chose).  It is a great site and is REALLY helping me.  

Also, this is a site where I find recipes to try.  Some are healthy and others are not but it has all the nutrition info included.  You can also use a recipe calculator on that site and you type in your favorite recipe and include number of servings and it tells you your nutrition info for each serving.  It is very handy.  

Several of us on the team (well, I know Cherish and I) are watching Biggest Loser on Tuesday nights too.  It is fun to watch and is inspiring.  I am so glad I have not gotten as unhealthy as some of the contestants and it is makes me appreciate the relatively easy job I have to get healthy and slim again.  

Anyway, like Biggest Loser, I will be weighing once a week (on Thursday) and I will report my losses (and hopefully NO gains).   Unlike like Biggest Loser though, there will be no pictures of me in a sports bra, so have no fear to visit again.  Your eyes will be protected from that!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Even if you did the sports bra pic, I'm sure it wouldn't be nearly as bad as some of the women on BL.