So we started the morning (after getting dressed and brushing teeth) with a walk and bike ride on our new road (see precious post). It was great. When we got back home, we did calendar time. It didn't go too well. I think Aiden is getting bored with it. I am going to continue it for Maverick though. Anyway, I let them play for a while before calling them to the table where I had a bowl and an egg for each of them. I asked both of how many eggs they had in their hand (both answered 1). Then I asked them to crack their eggs into their bowls. Luckily both have practice at this. We counted the parts of the eggs (3=yolk, white, shell). We discussed the fact that although there are 3 parts they each still only had 1 egg. Then related that to the Trinity of God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), and God the Holy Spirit. Oddly enough, I think they kind of understand it. Then because I just couldn't waste 2 eggs, we made peanut butter cookies. Again reinforcing the idea of 3-in-1. Peanut butter, sugar, and an egg (3 ingredients) make peanut butter cookies (1 finished product). They had a blast!!! We also discussed that although there are many parts to our family, we are still just 1 family group. We drew pictures of our family. Maverick didn't do this so much but Aiden drew most of us. The catch is that in his picture many of the people are "pooping"...his description.
We did some exercises in groups of 3 (jumping, hopping on 1 foot, toe touches, etc). We are working on memorizing our address but it isn't going so well. I am planning on making sock puppets one of these days to help learn that but today isn't looking like a good option since naps were pretty much non-existent.
While Maverick was laying in his bed crying (after he woke up Griffin), Aiden did some pages in his handwriting workbook and practiced writing his name. He did very well but we need to work on making lower case letters in his name. He writes them all in capital letters.
Now things are disintegrating fairly quickly...could it be from no naps?...and they want to watch Hermie...so off I go to plug them in for a little while!!
Although this afternoon has been a bust overall...it has been a pretty great day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment