Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My young "men"

Today the boys were playing out on the deck. They had out their picnic stuff and had a restaurant. One was serving and the other was ordering, etc. They both had lowered there voices to be "men." It was hysterically cute. They asked to eat lunch out there and I said ok. The Little Tykes table was already out there.

So I made them each a little individual size pizza and lemonade. To continue the game I took them their drinks and food and "served" them like a waitress complete with a "Here ya go, sir." This is how the rest of the conversation went.

Me: Here is your pizza, sir.
Aiden (in his man voice): Thank you, woman.
Me (stifling a giggle): You're welcome. Here is your pizza, sir.
Maverick (in his best man voice): Thank you, woman.
Me (stifling a giggle again): You're welcome, sir.

I then run into the kitchen to giggle and get Griffin and my lunch, which we ate inside. The sliding door was open so I could hear the big boys outside. And I hear Aiden say (again, in his man voice)....."That's sooome woman!" (emphasis on some).

Oh, I did the silent laugh SO HARD!!! Aiden (and Maverick too with help) orders and is very polite in restaurants and he never calls anyone "woman," but I think we will work on practicing this skill at home too. Geez, I just need him to call a waitress "woman" or even worse a waiter!!!

No comments: