
Two years ago, I was invited, for the first time, to attend Hearts at Home. I had been to Women of Faith and I loved that. But this was a little different. It wasn't just for women...it was for moms. Moms who stay at home and those who don't. It was for all moms who want to raise healthy, happy, well-rounded, Christian children. It was for moms who feel stretched thin and stressed out. For moms who have everything all put together on the outside but are falling apart on the inside and for those of us who it is apparent some things are falling apart. It is also for the perfect mom who does everything right and really needs no help (hey, the rest of us need someone to roll our eyes at right?) Moms of boys and girls; only children and many and multiples. Happily married moms, not so happily married moms and single moms. Moms of babies, moms of toddlers, moms of preteens, and although I don't know for sure, moms of grandbabies (AKA grandmothers). It was described as a work conference for moms, a place to learn skills to make me better mom. I was interested, very interested and my best friend Cherish and I decided to go.
It was a weekend away. Things were scheduled for a Friday and Saturday...although you can attend just one of the 2 days. Friday night was "Mom's Night Out!"
We registered for both days and chose the classes that we were interested in. I picked some on disciplining young children and chores, building marriage relationships, starting mom's Bible studies, etc. When we got our schedule we found out what workshops we got in to. Although, honestly, if I didn't get into one I REALLY wanted...I went anyway and skipped the one I was "assigned." I think there were 4 sessions each day along with the main sessions with everyone together.
It was a WONDERFUL weekend. I learned a lot and have forgotten a lot of it too. But we laughed (sometimes till we cried), and we just cried some too. We sang and worshipped. We talked to other moms. And we shopped...oh I forgot to mention the TWO HUGE ROOMS full of booths to buy things....Hearts at Home stuff, books for kids and for us, shirts, jewelry, cards, so much stuff!!!
So this is the first post of a whole week of posts dedicated to Hearts at Home. I am going to write each day (I hope) something about this wonderful ministry.
Also, Hearts at Home is sponsoring a CONTEST on my blog! So I have a question for you. Leave a comment with your answer and you will go into a drawing for a Hearts at Home book. Here is your question.
**If you had a whole free afternoon and you had showered and needed no extra rest and your house was clean and you had some extra money that you could afford to do something...what would it be? Where would you go and what would you do? And would you go alone or with friends?**
8 comments:
OK, this is a hard one. I know I would have friends go along, I love to be with people. I would probably go spend the day scrapbooking at Daisy Lane in Matoon. I love to scrapbook and its a great activity to do with friends while talking and laughing. Plus, buy the end of the day you feel like you have something to show for your work.
Hi there, I'm a Hearts At Home lover too (I just finished my blogtour on Sunday). I like to cruise around and look at other blogs... But I LOVE your question...
Well since I have a 4 month old that has yet to sleep through the night I would SLEEP (LOL)!! Honestly, I would gather up as many friends as I could and go to Six Flags. I haven't been there since I was a kids, I love roller coasters, never have the money to go, and I LOVE being with friends. Sounds kind of random, but that was the first thing that came to mind. Funny...
This may sound weird, but I'd take a book and head over to the beach and read. So, obviously, I would go alone. That downtime by myself sounds wonderful these days. ;)
Now, if hubby were home, we'd go on a really nice date!! That sounds even better. :)
That's easy: I'd go to the Antique Mall and take a leisurely stroll. After spending an hour or so at one mall, I'd go to Braum's for some ice cream and then head to another Antique Mall for another hour or so. I may even take a pad of paper along to jot note about decorating ideas, possible story lines, or whatever questions pop into my head about the various antiques.
Honestly, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. If alone, I would probably go for a walk and wonder aimlessly or lose myself in a book.
If I could go with my husband, then the options really open up. We would definitely find something great to do.
Hmmm...I think I would take DD8 and go get our hair and nails done while the boys hang out with Daddy and play with or fly airplanes :)
~ Rachel
I would go get a reflexology appointment or a massage done and I would go A LONE!
I would probably go grab a couple of good friends, including my mom, and go get a relaxing pedicure followed by a meal where the waiter/ess didn't screw anything up!!
Post a Comment