Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Getting the Giggles!! Another Hearts at Home post!

OK, so first a disclaimer...I am stealing a thought that Cherish (her link is in the left column) shared last week.  It is not SPECIFICALLY about the conference either.  It is about having fun with other moms.  My friend Cherish, another mom Kindra and I all decided to go up a day early and do some shopping.  I had just found out I was pregnant with our third child and wanted some new maternity pants (even though I couldn't wear them yet).  And who couldn't use a day walking mindlessly through a mall...although I enjoy the food court more than the stores most of the time.  

We checked into our hotel and met an interesting character at the front desk.  He was very feminine and had only one front tooth...but it was centered instead of like he was missing a tooth and it was huge.  This is mean but picture Larry the Cucumber.  It was very distracting as he spoke and while we were getting directions to the mall, Cherish got the giggles.  Not just little giggles but SERIOUS giggles.  She finally had to walk away.  You know the giggles that you just can't shake.  After we got outside we all collapsed in a fit of giggles.  People walking by probably thought we had all gone crazy!

But, although the poor man (who was dubbed Snaggletooth by another lady that we knew in our hotel)should not have been the target of our giggles, it was great to just laugh.  So often as a mom, I feel like I am constantly putting out fires of one kind or another,   Share your toys, do to others as you would have them do to you, leave the baby's face alone, share, where are you, did you poop in your pants, share,  eat your dinner, don't spit, no bubbles in your cup, blah, blah, blah...and I laugh and play with my kids too.  I laugh at the same knock knock joke OVER and OVER even though it wasn't funny the first time, I compliment all their little accomplishments like wiping all by themselves and FINALLY eating their lunch, we celebrate each day that we can.  And I do fun things with other moms...but rarely without at least one of my kids if not all three.  But to really "let myself go" with no one to take care of but me.  It was like coming up for air and was so refreshing and fun!!!

I guess the point of this is that although I learned a lot at Hearts at Home...taking the time for FUN with just other moms, who appreciate the same jokes as you do, is another wonderful blessing of Hearts at Home. And how often do we really get that chance to just get the giggles and enjoy them without having to try to set a good example.

DON'T FORGET to enter the contest.  The question is posted in yesterday's post.

3 comments:

Sarah D said...

Kelli.

I am giving away a purse at Sarah Sellz.

sarahsellz.blogspot.com

Cherish said...

You forgot to add "stop wilting" to your list of what you spend the day saying. Hee-hee!

Sarah D said...

Oh, and I will be back to enter the contest, maybe I missed it and am an idiot, but where is Heart at Home held?