Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mom's out there! I personally have had a wonderful weekend.
It started Friday when my friend, Amy, and I went to get our hair done. We went to a new salon (to us) and had a great time! We gave Stephen (the man who did our hair) the go ahead to do anything he wanted. And he had a great time. We both got highlights and a cut. Amy's is SO different and cute! And I LOVE mine...it is cute and EASY!!! It looks almost as good as I'm crawling out of bed as it does when I "fix" it. The "experience" was so fun! Scalp massage, feet propped up in the washing station, flavored coffee or soda or hot tea while you wait for your color to set. What a great day!!!
Then yesterday we had a nice day outside. We cleaned out Buffy's cage (and by we I mean Shane) and got the 25 chickens to butcher set up in there. Buffy is staying next door in the pig pen since we don't have a pig yet. We built steps from the deck to the patio (and by we I mean Shane and I). That has needed done for a LONG time and it is so nice. Then we switched our front and back door on our house. It came with a really pretty door with a 9 pane window on the back that goes into the laundry. The front door was just a plain solid door with no window. It just didn't make any sense so we switched it. It is MUCH nicer this way!!!
At lunch yesterday Shane asked the boys if they knew what tomorrow is. They said no and Shane told them it was Mother's day and it was a special day to tell mommy how much we love her and that there would be a present for her. I was sitting at the table just listening. And Aiden got really upset and said "Daddy that is supposed to be a surprise. We went shopping with Nanny and went to a special store and Nanny helped us pick out a card to surprise Mommy. But YOU just ruined it!" I just smiled!
At lunch today, Shane and the boys surprised me with a gift. It is a Mother's bracelet that I told Shane I would really like to have. He ordered it from http://www.sharehisstory.com/. I just LOVE it! It is exactly what I wanted. We got mom the same thing except hers is the grandmother's bracelet. She was really excited about it too.
Today after lunch, I emptied the laundry room and cleaned out all the coats and sweatshirts that we don't wear. I am donating them. I am tired of them falling off the hooks all the time and I am determined that our laundry room will be usable as a mud room.
Mom had a "cookout" at her house this evening with Grandma Staley and Doug & Lana and Lana's mom, Henrietta. It ended up being a "cookin" because it is so cold and windy and stormy. It is the wierdest weather. Anyway, we gave Nanny her bracelet and had dinner. The boys played and we visited and had a nice time.
Now it is late and the boys are watching Heman with Shane and I am ready for bed. It has been jsut a wonderful weekend and I am so thankful for all that we have and for my family! Last week was a rough week and I have a renewed energy and am hoping that this week will be MUCH better! We're off to a great start!!!
4 comments:
Don't forget to mention you got to see me!
Hey Kelli! Don't ask me how, but I found your blog!! Looks like your family keeps you very busy!
Come check out my blog:
www.gradysawman.blogspot.com
Aubrey
My layout was predesigned - I got it at:
http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/
Happy Hunting!!
Our mothers day (in france) is at the end of the month. And I already know too what the gift will be (but, don't tell anybody, it's a surprise).
Did you really name your chiken buffy, like "THE" Buffy ? I love that, I will name our cat like this for now. Like Buffy, she hunts every nights, but unlike her, she brings back home the bodies of ... the mice.
Post a Comment