Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Day in the Life!

The boys are all playing and we have had a really nice day today!

This morning we got off to a nice relaxed start complete with some shows on PBS and I even got to watch 30 minutes of the Today Show. We fed the new members of our family. Our fish (that is still living) named Dorothy (just like Elmo's fish) and the baby chick Pappy brought down yesterday. "She" is crippled in one leg and having a hard time with all the other baby chicks. Her name is Gladys (Pappy named her). I asked Pappy how he knows Gladys is a girl and he said he doesn't. So we may just end up with a rooster named Gladys. Anyway, Gladys is living "peacefully" in her rubbermaid in our family room. This morning I didn't think it looked like she had drank any water so I dipped her beak in the water tray. She drank and drank and drank. Chickens really are stupid birds...she likely wouldn't have found the water tray 3 inches from her and died of thirst.

We went outside and hung out a load of laundry while the boys played. It is SO windy today though so we didn't last long. I was tired of fighting the wind but I told the big boys that Griffin didn't like it and it could make him sick. haha

Aiden worked on his "power to read" and learned a new sound today. /th/ as in that. He is doing so well and is so proud of himself. He is reading sentences and beginning readers. He just loves it!

We had a lunch picnic in the livingroom. Cheese, ham, and crackers and fruit salad. They thought the picnic was cool! It was so much fun! I love lunches like that. There were 3 dishes to wash, I think. You just can't beat that.

After lunch we made peanut butter cookies and a loaf of bread. The boys had a great time "cooking" which consisted mostly of licking the spoons from the peanut butter cookies. Maverick did make a grave cooking mistake. He is always getting in trouble from sitcking his fingers in the sugar bowl...but today he actually got mixed up a little bit. He poured salt from the spout on the big salt container directly into his mouth. Oh my, he learned a lesson. I have to throw the container away because he tried to spit it back in but I don't think it will happen again.

They all went down for naps without a battle and I got a shower and the dishes done. I even got to work on some things for the Children's Ministry at church that I am so excited about. It is now 20 till 5 and Shane will be home soon! I love days that go so well. I wish they happened closer together!

And there was so much learning going on...even though the only book we cracked was the phonics book. I just love having my boys at home and am so glad we have made the decision to keep them here and not send them to Kindergarten. We are going to learn so much together!

No comments: