Tuesday, April 8, 2008
The Power to Read!!!
Aiden has been working on his "power to read" for a while now. We have done 11 lessons in the book "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons." I wasn't sure if I would like the book but I found it at a yard sale and decided to try it. He is doing so well!! Last week I ordered the first set of "BOB books" and they came today. I think they would be more accurately described as pamphlets...But Aiden read 2 of them and that is what really matters. He felt the joy of success!!! His eyes just lit up when he read the whole first book. He begged to read the next one and although we haven't covered all the sounds in our lessons we tried and he could read it too. Such a proud mom moment!!!! And a little sad...he is getting so big! I think as soon as Aiden is pretty secure, I'll be starting with Maverick. I "caught" him accurately sounding out some words too. He is just too smart for his own good! I just love getting to teach them these things. And I love the idea that I will get to see their eyes light up from learning something new for years to come!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment