We have some very good friends whose 2 year old has a "problem." He does not see it as a problem exactly but his parents do. You may ask what kind of problem could a 2 year old have. Well, he doesn't like pooping in his diaper anymore. So he takes it off, poops on the floor, and then scoots his butt on the carpet till it is "wiped" clean. Needless to say his mother is NOT pleased and is getting tired of using the carpet steamer.
So Maverick has been playing with this little boy (whose name I am not mentioning even though many of you will be able to figure it out). And today I heard this from the family room while I was nursing Griffin and getting him down for his nap.
Aiden: Maverick don't do that.
Maverick: But it's poopy.
Me (calmly and still nursing): What is going on?
Aiden: Maverick pooped in his pants.
Me: Maverick, come in here please.
Aiden: He's taking his pull-up off.
Me: MAVERICK GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW!
Aiden: But he doesn't have his pullup on anymore.
I jumped out of my chair, horribly interrupting Griffin's before nap snack and waking him up. I run into the family room where I see Maverick squatting to sit on the carpet with his poopy bare butt.
Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
I "plunk" Griffin on the floor, which causes him great stress and makes him mad and starts the crying. And grab Maverick before the poop hits the carpet. While Griffin is crying, I clean Maverick up, sit him on the toilet where he promptly begins crying because he doesn't want to poop on the potty. I get the poopy pull-up from the family room to throw it away where it belongs. Then I get Maverick dressed again...and get Griffin settled down for a nap. Whew! What an exciting way to start nap time.
So Maverick is already picking up bad, dirty habits from his friends. And I don't know how. He hasn't seen his friend do this (unless I have not found the skid marks on my carpet somewhere) and I am sure his friend isn't old enough to "brag" about it...so how do these habits spread? I just hope they both start using the potty sooner rather than later...for the sake of everyone's sanity.
AND...I just went in to get Griffin from his crib and he was on his belly. Which means he rolled from back to belly for the first time! He hasn't ever made it before!! Yeah!! Maybe I'll get it on video soon and can learn how to share a video! He is such a big boy!
2 comments:
umm......skid marks on the carpet...sounds like an adult I know!
Okay, as the mother of the child who shall remain nameless, I must say I am more than a little relieved (no pun intended) to hear the explanation behind (again, NPI) the anonymous comment. I must admit that the back of the toilet seat is one place I have NOT had clean in the last few weeks. And FYI, Kelli -- beware, he has begun watering my shoes as well :)
Post a Comment