Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Cry me a River!

So have you ever a couple of days that just wear you out and make you wish for a break from life!?!?! That's the way my days have been going.

It started at church Wednesday night with a situation that made me very uncomfortable. I can't go into detail but a new person came to church for questionable reasons. He is interested in sign language but there seems to be more behind the story. He made me very uneasy and seems to be ready to become a "barnacle" (thanks for the great description Cherish). I think the situation is being taken care of but it was NOT a good night at church.

Now Aiden is sick. He was up in the middle of the night the other night coughing and having trouble breathing. We called the hospital and were able to follow their directions and get him calmed down and avoid the ER. We took him to see his pediatrician and now he is on a high powered antibiotic and steroids. Let me tell you, that does not do anything for a kid's behavior. He is wearing me out.

The house has been a disaster for the last few days and I just can't handle it anymore. But I feel like I work on it and work on it and it never improves...like I am trying to dig a big hole and the sides keep caving in and filling it back up. Shane has been a huge help today but even with all the work we've done...I feel like we are still way behind!

Last night I decided to steam some carrots to make Griffin some baby food. He has only had cereal but is ready to try a veggie. So I got it going...and forgot about it. BOY, did that stink up the whole house. And we just avoided a kitchen fire. When I remember (from the horrible smell) there were actually red coal like things burning inside the pan. So I threw all that out and made him a sweet potato this morning...in the microwave. No house fires today!

And I just want to be outside working in the yard and getting a garden ready...but it is like 42 degrees and windy and nasty and has been raining off and on all week. We would have to plant rice if we were going to plant anything. The gray, wet, windy, rainy and cold days aren't helping my mental state any.

So that is my happy little post. Hope you're having a good day!

1 comment:

Céline said...

Hello Kelly,
You seems to be a little down.I hope your kid he's OK now. I'm sure it's gonna be better when summer will be there, for the health of your kid, and also for you. And I'm sure that sharing your problems on this blog will be a good way to go over it. I'm sorry that my bad english doesn't allow me to be more helpfull. The only thing I can do is trying to make a little joke, so: fight the carrots !