OK, I am going to start this with a disclaimer...I HATE running! I have never liked it. I even got doctor's notes in high school so I wouldn't have to run the mile in that physical fitness thing we did every year! I HATE IT!!! With that being said, my friend, Cherish, has challenged me! She found a website called www.c25k.com What on earth is that...well it stands for Couch to 5K. Can you guess what that means?....yep, I have started running! Yesterday, in fact, was my first day. From this website, I downloaded music to use on my walk. I think they call it "interval training." So I walk for a while and then when the little door bell sound rings I am supposed to jog. Yesterday, I jogged 7 minutes out of a 25 minute workout. It wasn't so bad! Although after typing that it makes me think of "Pavlov's dog."...that's his name right? Next thing you'll know I'll ring a doorbell and feel the sudden urge to start jogging!! So if you see me running away from someone's door...ring the bell again...I'll go back to a walk...it's in my training!
The goal is to be able to run a 5K this spring. The website says you'll be ready in 9 weeks...so that gives us a few extra. I'm realistic...if I make it AT ALL I am going to need a few extra weeks!
So, we'll see how long I last with this running thing. Maybe longer than one would think since I have a horrible competitive streak and I don't want Cherish to "beat" me...I have to at least try to keep up!
1 comment:
Rachel Willis is the one who keeps me going here when I don't want to run. She goes every day and jogs 2 miles. I can't let her know when I want to back out! Plus, after work, I enjoy the de-stressing time. And, Jillian Michaels, one of the trainers on The Biggest Loser, says running is the best form of Cardio for weight loss... so we run!
Post a Comment