Yesterday I didn't have any MAJOR plans for the day. I was just going to clean up the house and get laundry taken care of and have school with the boys. And I wanted to get ready for my first Book Show (since the first 2 didn't go well). But I got 2 emails early in the morning that changed all that.
The first was about a chest freezer that someone wanted to give away! Yippee! Now we have a freezer that is empty and since the other one is FULL and deer season is just starting that is a blessing!!
The second was about a pear tree that is LOADED with pears and the owners don't want them and are getting tired of picking the rotting ones out of their yard! Yippee, again!! I called the family and asked if we could get some in an hour or so and they said sure...on one condition...that we take the whole tree! haha! I said I would gladly take the whole tree but it wouldn't fit in my van! So off we went with my mom to pick pears! And holy smokes were there A LOT of pears. We ended up canning 28 pints worth and have some left over for eating and baking with. Unfortunately the ignitor on my oven just quit working so I can't bake right now...but they will last until it is fixed. In the process of picking pears Aiden and Maverick made a new friend!
Then, I got ready for the book party and it went FABULOUS!! Amy (the hostess) had 9 guests and we had a great time!! The food was great and all was figure friendly...thanks, Amy!
Talk about not the day I had "planned" but so much better for it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment