Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Weight Loss Challenge!

So I weighed in this morning and I lost 2 lbs this week.  Yeah!!  That makes my TOTAL weight loss percentage 6.8%.  I will take that!!  I am close to getting in the next "decade" down and I am thrilled with that.  I was actually in that lower decade for 2 days earlier this week but didn't stay there.  :(   Overall, I have about 10 more pounds to lose.

I have walked about 1 mile every morning before Shane leaves for work.  It is wonderful!!  I listen to music, walk, and watch the sun come up.  It gives me time to myself to start the day and I find I have much more patience than I did before.  But it is not unending which is what I really need but it is better!  This morning I started a 10 minute pilates set after my walk and Maverick "caught" me and wants to do exercises so we'll likely do another later.  I LOVE pilates!

The "bad" news is that none of my jeans fit anymore.  I have saggy  butt in every pair I own but I don't want to buy new pairs cause I am hoping to skip a size...so I am wearing a belt and dealing with saggy butt.  I still have a few shirts that fit ok.  My friend Cherish bought me a shirt last spring that says "Before Kids...whine was a beverage."  Unfortunately, at that time it should have said, "Before kids...I may have been able to wear this shirt and not look like a tube sausage."  I have yet to wear it out of the house.  It has become something of a "goal shirt."  Well, I tried it on Tuesday night and I could wear it with a pair of looser fitting pants (but not big enough to create bulk) if I weren't going to sit, eat, or maybe breathe.  Believe it or not...that is an improvement so I am getting there!

OK, this has become much longer than intended!  The point is...the weight loss challenge is going great!!!!!


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Kudos' to you and your weight loss. My doc told me that I needed to loose a few pounds this year too! UG! I tossed out our scale too.. I hate that darn instrument! I'm proud of you! I bet your hubbie is too!