At lunch today I was going over the concept of "one more." As in "what is 1 more than 1?" "what is 1 more than 2?" Pretty simple. Then we were talking about the number of corn dogs they were eating. Aiden ate 2 and Maverick asked for 2 and is looking at the second one. I asked Maverick to eat his other corn dog and he told me Aiden could eat it. I said Aiden did not need to eat three corn dogs in one meal. So I said Aiden already had 2 corn dogs cause 1+ 1 = ? and Aiden said 2. Then I started asking...
2+2 =
3+3 =
2+3 =
5+5 =
3+4 =
3 + 4 is the ONLY one Aiden didn't get right on his first answer. He even kinda looked at me like I was dumb for asking these questions. I have NO IDEA how he learned this. I was debating doing a math curriculum with him this year. A part of me wishes I had gotten it cause he is apparently ready...but another part of me thinks WHY? He is learning how to add with NO curriculum at all! So I'm going to keep doing nothing in the math area...and then "test" him in a few more months...maybe he'll be able to do algebra! lol
I only wish his table manners were as "advanced" and self taught.
1 comment:
I reckon my smartness (read it again, it does say SMART NESS not the other) has been rubbing off on him. Either mine or his pappy's of course.
Post a Comment