
I had a conversation with Aiden today and it went something like this...
Aiden: Hey mom, have you ever seen a dandy?
Me: Honey, what's a dandy?
Aiden: (with 'duh mom' written all over his face) It's a fish!
Me: Really. Have you ever seen a dandy?
Aiden: (obviously thinking his mom is an idiot) Yeah!
Me: When did you see a dandy?
Aiden: When I was fishing with Nanny and Pappy at Too Tall Tony's pond (that is Tony Brooks).
Me: Oh Wow! How did you know it was a dandy?
Aiden: Cause Nanny said "Well, Aiden, THAT's a dandy!!"
Questions answered. Of course, Pappy is trying to teach Aiden the different names of the fish we catch...so Aiden has been able to identify blue gill, crappie, and cat fish. But now he is adding dandy to that list. Isn't that just sweet!!
**Just a note...I just found that picture online...it is NOT the official dandy caught byAiden or anyone I know...I just wanted to illustrate today***
1 comment:
Kelli,
This story is too too funny. Dont you wish we could be that innocent again and believe everything our parents, or grandparents said as absolute truths? This is one of those stories you file away and pull out when he is a bit older.
Post a Comment