Well, it is Friday and Vacation Bible School is over! I have to say it is a little bitter-sweet. Although I am tired and my house is a mess and tonight's meal will be the first "real dinner" that we've been able to actually enjoy all week, I had a great time. We averaged around 65 kids each night including the infants and 2 year olds. One night there were 25 Kindergartners and 1st graders (GASP!!).
The kids really loved the songs and crafts. The Bible lessons interested child and adult volunteers both. Snacks were a huge hit thanks to "Grandma Darlene" who indulged their "I don't likes..." each night! Game time sounded fun although I admit I didn't head out there much since it was sweltering at least half of the nights. I tried to "duck in" each night in each area...but I know I didn't quite make it.
Our mission for the week was Oblong Children's Christian Home. The kids raised $755 and some odd cents. So they met the goals we set for them. At the $500 mark there was a contest...boys agains girls...boys win=a pie in the face for me OR girls win=a pie in the face for Shane. Well, the girls won but in the spirit of good sportsmanship we both got pies in the face! THEN if they raised $750 Shane and I, along with my friend Cherish (who is the ministry representative for the home) had to bob for apples in a bowl of goldfish...real ones NOT the crackers. It wasn't as gross as I thought it would be but the kids LOVED it!!!
We had great volunteers and a great time! I so enjoy everything about VBS...and although I am tired I can't wait till next year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment