Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Pride Go-eth Before a Fall!

We have had a wonderful day today! We pulled out the dishwasher which is something I've wanted done for months! Shane got outside and did a bunch of chores with Aiden...splitting wood, feeding birds, burning trash, and all that fun stuff! They had a great time! I got all the wallpaper border off the boys wall since Aiden picked a large section off and it had to come down (mommy was NOT happy that day!) It is ready to tape and paint now. I just love a good productive day!

After we got the dishwasher out, we needed a few things to finish up the project so Maverick and Griffin and I went into the hardware store to get those things. We did our shopping and then as I was paying I asked Maverick to count the false bricks on the front of the counter to keep him busy. The man ringing up our stuff (his name is Ed and he is always such a huge help when I go in there) asked how old Maverick was. I said 2. His eyebrows shot up and he said "well, that counting is impressive." I just kinda smiled and he said "That is a compliment to a mom doing a good job." Talk about a proud mom moment!!! I held myself back from telling him that Maverick can pick out letters out of order and all the other great things he can do!

Then came the fall!!! We got home and had lunch and got the boys down for a nap. Well, Shane took care of the big boys cause I fell asleep rocking Griffin. When I woke up, Shane told me that Aiden wasn't napping and I said he will and we left him in his room. A while later I heard whispering coming from their bed room. I went in to check and they were both up. Maverick said, "Aiden peed and pooped." I asked for him to repeat this cause I just couldn't believe it!! But it was true. He had hidden in the corner behind the bed (it is pulled out so I can redo the walls) and went to the bathroom. It was on the floor, his legs and feet, and his Thomas the Tank Engine underwear were full! Not such a proud mom moment.

But it was still a great day! We even had Thanksgiving for dinner. I roasted a big turkey and we had mashed potatoes, corn and stuffing. All we needed was pumpkin pie and cranberry dressing....ooooo, and noodles. Yummy! Now it's time to settle down and hope that Globetrekker comes on PBS tonight. Shane and I LOVE that show and the boys actually enjoy it too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA! Sorry it happened but it was fun to read!