Monday, March 10, 2008
Fun From the Frontier!
I just have to say that I love when Spring starts hinting that she will be here soon! We had a wonderful weekend. It was still cold but there was a hint of Spring in the air. Yesterday afternoon we skipped naps for the big boys (we felt like gambling) and they went with Shane to help my dad (Pappy) get everything ready to boil sap next weekend. My mom (Nanny came down too). We got the big tank all set up with the fire pit underneath and the big chimney coming out the side. And Pappy got to play on his new yard tractor. Then we walked around the barn and decided where to build an enclosure for the pigs. We've got the spot picked so Shane and I have to clear it and clean it up to build the enclosure next weekend. We won't be getting a pig for a while but we are going to put the dog in it while we fatten some chickens for butcher because the dogs pen will work great for that. Then we went to a neighbor's house to look at his chicken coop. We had heard it was the best setup for a few laying hens. And it is so neat. I really think it is pretty cute too. It will be just perfect! We will have 5 or 6 hens and a rooster and that will be just right! Yeah!!! Of course, the most fun thing for the big boys was all the MUD!!! It was everywhere and they loved it!!! Griffin did really well just relaxing in his stroller or riding in the Baby Bjorn all afternoon. He is so content. Nanny and I discussed some gardening ideas and composting plans. I am just so excited!! Well, now you all can tease me for living on the Frontier...but I love it here!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kelli, Kelli Cessna, queen of the wild frontier!
Post a Comment