It is hard to believe that my baby boy is three. Yesterday was his birthday and although we didn't do a lot to mark the day, we did have cake (which was all he asked for) and ice cream. And he got a few more presents, of course.
When we decided to have one more, I was not too secretly hoping for a girl. I considered this my last chance at leveling out some of the testosterone in this house. It was my last chance...but all it did was add more testosterone into our little home. But, although I cried a little cry over not getting to buy pink and those cute little elastic headbands with the bows on them, I can't imagine life without Griffin. He is a wonderful little boy...although he is every bit a BOY!
It is clear that the third child intends to "keep up." He does not want to be left behind in anything nor does he want to be the baby anymore. He wants to do everything his big brothers get to do. He even wants to do school, just like they do (I wonder how long that will last). He is fun and funny and sweet. I so enjoy having him in the house. Now, just like all of us, he has his moments. There are days I want to pull my hair out because of the shenanigans he and his brothers create but when I look at them with a fresh mind (or a glass of wine) I enjoy all the craziness in our house.
He has promised that when he "drowed up and turned three" he would stop pooping in his pants. He already does very well peeing in the potty. He loves "resting it right on the rim" and peeing standing up just like his brothers. But I'm not sure three was the magic number he had thought it would be as far as pooping goes. But I know he'll get it before he goes off to college. I thought the same thing with Aiden and Maverick.
It is clear God knew exactly what He was doing when He gave us Griffin. A little girl may not have survived in this household....she certainly would have had to "tom-boy up" pretty quickly. Griffin is good for a smile, a hug or a "too tight" and a "kiss on da nose." He is and always will be my sweet little baby, except when he smells like poop.
And, as it turns out, I like to wear pink...although I'm not sure they make those headbands with the bows big enough to fit my head.
Happy Birthday to my Big (baby) boy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment