Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A (Great) Day in the Life!

The weather has changed. It is finally acting like November. Cold nights and cool days. It has been cloudy and although there is a chance for rain it is still dry. It's time for sweatshirts, hoods, and hot cocoa.

And as the weather changed, life inside my house has changed as well. I don't know why but since it is a change for the better, I'll take it. Since we got back from vacation, we have struggled with getting school work done (without weeping and gnashing of teeth), getting along, keeping the house liveable, really everything has been a battle. I was ready to pull my hair out, throw in the towel, throw them all on the big yellow bus that goes by our house-even the ones that aren't big enough for the ride yet. We were sick and tired and sick and tired of each other it seemed.

Then I woke up with this idea on a Saturday morning. I was on steroids for a cough and I think that may have induced the idea AND the fact that it was completed before 7 that morning. We rearranged their rooms. (yes, before 7 am). We moved their dressers into one room and all their beds into the other. It must be noted that their rooms are small. There is no room for anything else in the "sleeping room" but they like it. They are all sleeping better. Plus now they have a "play room" that is not part of the public area of the house. Sure, there are still PLENTY of toys in the "library" but the ones that really annoy me (like Legos, and the hot wheels track) are in the play room where I can close the door. It also give the bigger boys a place to play during Griffin's nap that they are out of my hair. Very good thing!

At the time change, I decided to change one of my habits. Not really change, exactly, but start a new, good one. I started reading my Bible every week day morning as I woke up. I have been trying to read the whole thing for almost 2 years now - I've finally made it to Psalms - I had time to check facebook and email and putter around really doing nothing. I could fit this in. So I did and I still am. Another very good thing!

Then school changed, last week we had three good days in a row. On Thursday, they spent the day with friends at a Veteran's Day program and I was told it went well. Friday was not a good day but four out of five were great. And yesterday went well! It was actually a great day! School was done well and without whining. They were a joy to be around. The worst thing that happened all day is that as I was finishing brushing my teeth I realized I was not using my toothbrush. That is gross but if it is the worst a Monday can throw at me then I am doing alright!! Another good thing!

So I am hoping that we are on the upswing and that we are going to have a few good weeks (dare I say months?) With Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner, I can see potential for it to go either way!! I have faith that even with the disruptions, we can continue on this run of great days! And that is all I ask for for Christmas! Another good thing!

:)

No comments: