Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away!

I know I will be wishing for rain in a month or two when my well is running dry and I'm at the laundromat...but for now JUST STOP!!! Seriously, it rains every other day on a good week. If I want to deal with this kind of humidity and continual rain fall I would move closer to a beach...then at least I would be able to enjoy the ocean when it is sunny.

We did FINALLY get the yard baled, I mean mowed...although baling it probably would have been better. The grass, I mean weeds, were knee high. Just ridiculous but so is mowing in the thunderstorm. Blech!

We did get to work on the garage this weekend. We even scored at the hard ware store and saved about $200 on enough masonite to finish the closet and the stairwell. They had some seconds that they needed to sell. WOOHOOO!!!!!! I'm hoping over the 4th of July weekend we can get it wired for electricity and maybe SOMEDAY it will dry out enough to do the dirt work so we can park in there. :(

Father's Day was a beautiful, albeit hot, day (it was the one day it hasn't rained in a long time it seems). We cooked out at the pond and swam all day long! It was a great way to spend the day! We were all waterlooged and a little pink by the end of the day but the boys were exhausted and slept so well. Makes for a happy momma!

No comments: