Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Family Camp!!

Over Memorial Day weekend we spent time at Cuivre River State Park with the my dad's extended family. Every couple years we rent a group camp with cabins and a mess hall at this park. We all get together and spend a weekend relaxing and having a great time. We also invite some friends to join us. This year the Martell's joined us.

We went over a little early and spent time at the zoo before we made it to camp. We had perfect timing at the zoo. The animals were nearly all out and many had just been fed so we were able to see them eating and talk about their diets at the zoo. There were some monkeys who were not eating. At first we weren't sure what was going on but it soon became all too clear and we moved on...THEN we noticed the zoo worker making note of the monkey activity and timing certain activities. It was interesting??!!

They liked watching this monkey eating...sorry no photos of the "other monkey business"...this is a G rated blog. :)

All Griffin really wanted to do was ride the zoo train. He loved it!! Aunt Heather was a good date for the ride.

Aiden and Maverick enjoyed riding too. They wanted to ride with Nanny and Pappy...Shocking, I know! (did you see my eyes roll?) lol

Saturday was a full day with a long hike in the morning (long because we took a wrong path and went a little out of the way), playing in a creek in the afternoon, and swimming a the lake in the evening. At the creek we even built a dam with big rocks and it was fun. They liked how fast the water moved over the dam and how deep the pool was.

Aiden and Maverick finish up the hike with a cousin.


Griffin walked most of it but we also had a "baby backpack" that he rode in...he much preferred walking.

Sunday was a lazier day since all three boys slept for HOURS in the afternoon. I finished a complete novel in that time. It was a good read. "The Last Song" by Nicholas Sparks. Anyway, we came home Monday morning and I went to the laundromat. Three triple loaders and 2 double loaders later, everything was washed and read to be put away. Since we had to take all our own bedding and towels and beach towels, the laundry was overwhelming!


Serious piles of laundry ready to be washed!!


It was a great weekend and I'm glad we were able to go. I am also glad that Derek, Elisabeth and the kids came along. I learned that we watch tv only because it is here, we don't miss it when we don't have it. And I learned that a/c is SO wonderful!! I did, however, make it not as cold in here when we got back. We can be comfortable without it being quite so frigid.

I realized there are no pictures of Shane and I. I'm sure someone took one but I guess I never really got one. There were a few with Shane but there is only one picture of me from the whole weekend on my camera and it is HORRIBLE!!! So you'll just have to trust me...I was there!

No comments: