Here we are in the van...I'm not sure when I took this picture but since the next stories occurred in the car I thought it was a picture worth showing.Maverick: Are we in Illinois?
Me: Yep
Maverick: Are we in Illinois?
Me: Yep
Maverick: Are we in Illinois?
Me: Nope, we are in Indiana now.
Maverick: Are we in Indiana?
Me: Yep.
Maverick: Are we in Indiana?
Me: Yep.
Maverick: Are we in Indiana?
Me: Yep.
Maverick: Are we in Indiana?
Me: Nope. We are in Kentucky.
Maverick: Are we in Kentucky?
Me: Yep.
Maverick: Are we in Kentucky?
Me: Yep.
Maverick: Are we in Kentucky?
Me: Yep.
Maverick: Are we in Sane?
Shane and I together: We are getting close.
(He spaced these questions out about 5-10 minutes...I've given you the cliff notes version and cut out many repetitions of the questions...you can post your thanks in the comments if you'd like) ;)
As you can tell, Maverick is a talker (I can't IMAGINE where that comes from). He talked incessantly about something for most of the drive (I would say all but he did sleep a few hours on the way home). When he ran out of things to talk about he would fixate on one word and repeat it over and over and over. At one point the word was gigantic, giGANtic, giGANtic, gigantic. (you get the picture). Finally, Shane calmly told him it was time for him to close his lips for a while. For once, he actually did as he was told and closed his lips. Unfortunately, he could still hum. So we heard hmmHMMhmm, hmmHMMhmm, hmmHMMhmm. It was clear he was still saying gigantic...but with his lips closed. *sigh*
We got to go on a tour of some caves. The boys thought it was cool. Here is a picture of them in front of "the Fireplace." the story is that it was used as a fireplace by deserters in the Civil War. Unfortunately, the smoke escaping from the cracks in the roof of the cave gave them away. Of course, without those cracks they probably would have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Anywho, we've been home almost a week and things are almost back to normal. It is so hard to get everything rolling again after a week away. Also, while we were gone we had to "bug bomb" our house (I HATE doing that but the ants were winning) so when we got home all the surfaces had to be cleaned. And since I emptied our kitchen before we left I had to put it all back together. Whew! Ready for a more "normal" week next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment