Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Eavesdropping does have some benefits!!

These are two conversations I heard (or was drawn into) this morning.

Aiden: Maverick stop throwing the plate frisbees at me.
Maverick: They won't hurt you.
Aiden: MOoooooom, Maverick is throwing plates frisbees at me.
Maverick: Moooooom, Aiden was going to kick in me in the balls and that hurts to death!!!
Me: (struggling not to snicker) Aiden don't kick people in the balls. Don't kick people ever at all. It is mean. Maverick, stop throwing the plate frisbees.

DAILY VOCABULARY: Plate frisbees: (n) toy plates from a little kitchen set that are being thrown like a frisbee. Come in many colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other one I just overheard. The boys were watching Clifford the Big Red Dog on PBS this morning. And I heard Aiden say:

"Emily Elizabeth, Clifford is gonna die someday."

(For those who aren't up to snuff with their children's programming on PBS (or books) Emily Elizabeth is the little girl who owns Clifford the Big Red Dog.)

So I am curious if you would worry why your kid is thinking about cartoon dogs dying OR if you would be concerned that he is talking to the TV?

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Lately Grady has been very curious about death. Kinda scary, but feel like if he's curious I should answer his questions. So, no, I don't think it's weird he's wondering (or talking to the tv).