Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New Camera! or "Why it is sometimes nice to take your husband shopping"

Yesterday, I got a new camera. Shane wanted to help choose one but I went and "scoped" them out first. And I picked what I wanted. It is a Nikon Coolpix point and shoot. It was $129 at Walmart. I felt pretty good about that. I knew we wanted a fairly inexpensive one since, honestly, my cameras seem to take a beating.

Shane tried to talk me into a few others and I said I really really wanted this one. He said ok so we were walking to the counter to ask a lady to unlock the case and get one for us when Shane stopped and said "What is wrong with this one?" We looked at it. It wasn't on display and it was in a darker case. It was also a Nikon and it was only $99. We asked the lady to see that one.

What was the difference between the 2? Well, one was silver and the other red!!! They were the EXACT same camera in different colors with a price difference of 30 BUCKS!!! Well, although the red was really pretty cool, we are now the owners of a new SILVER camera. And we got rechargable batteries for the camera and the Wii remotes and STILL had money to "spare."

We are going to go outside and play in a little while and I'm going to learn how to use the new camera. Pictures to come later. I'm also gonna paint some outdoor furniture since it is finally not raining. Keeping my fingers crossed that lasts!

No comments: