Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sad State of Affairs

We have only an antenna..no dish, no cable. I like it this way. We get 4 channels...NBC, CBS, FOX (I think), and PBS (we get 3 different PBS stations). We actually watch PBS often. The boys enjoy PBS kids during the day and I enjoy the shows on "Create" (think like a low budget DIY network). We watch Lawrence Welk (yes, I like Lawrence Welk-Shane suffers through) and Globe Trekker on Saturday nights when there is nothing else going on.

The boys have favorite shows on PBSkids. There are shows we do not watch, like Dinosaur Train. They love Sid the Science Kid and SuperWhy in the mornings (while I'm getting breakfast and checking email). In the late afternoon, when I am prepping supper, they like to watch Word Girl and The Electric Company. Sometimes I let them watch a show just after lunch and before Griffin takes a nap. Today I wish I hadn't allowed that. There is a "new" (or new to me) show at that time. I think it is called Peep and the Wide World (or something like that). It make Boobah and Teletubbies look intellectual. It is the DUMBEST show I have ever seen. It even ranks lower than Spongebob and I HATE Spongebob!!!

So, Peep, as far as I can gather, is a baby chick. He looks like a yellow Bingo dot with legs. He has a friend named Quack, who is, theoretically, a duck (their names are the best clues as to what they are). It is confusing because Quack, the duck, is egg shaped and purple. He does have duck like feet and 2 lines by his mouth that could pass as a bill if Maverick drew it (on a bad day). Since when are ducks purple and shaped like Humpty Dumpty? Today, Quack got out of his pond and was walking to see Peep but there was a rock in the way so he couldn't see Peep. He decided they couldn't be friends anymore. It was SO DUMB!!! I did not watch the end so I don't know how the "problem" was solved. I think Peep got help to move the rock...maybe it rolled over Quack so the show will be over...but I doubt it.

By watching this show today I learned that
a) ducks are purple and shaped like eggs
b) when there is an obstacle in our way we should just give up
c) I should really give money to my local PBS station so they can make better programming
d) I don't want to give money to my local PBS station since they think this is better programming than running more reruns.
e) we are going to read more between lunch and naptime


Now I must go...Lawrence Welk is coming on. :-) just kidding, it comes on at 7 on Saturdays.

1 comment:

Cherish said...

Oh the drama. Having tons of stations is nice at times. I think we can watch Dora 28 times each day if we choose to. At least it isn't Peep!

Oh and Starr likes Lawrence Welk too.