We had a nice snow fall last night and they say more is coming. It is supposed to be windy and blow all over too. So I guess I won't be running tonight. Makes me glad I went a couple miles last night before the snow started.
Jasper County does not have school today but, thankfully, my kids don't know that. :) We are having a full day of school today. Actually, "full day" only takes about till lunch so we are nearly done. We read some more about Abe Lincoln and started answering some questions about him. Right now they are building a log cabin (thank you Lincoln Logs) just like Abe did with Pa in our story today. I added handwriting back in to the day with Aiden. He doesn't really like it but is having some trouble with a few letters. It is a minor part of his day at this point. I also added some "P.E." Really just a little something to break up the seat work. Today we balanced little rocks on long handled spoons and raced around the house. They loved it.
Griffin seems to be getting into more and more trouble during school time. Yesterday he turned himself into a smurf with a blue marker. The other day I discovered he had colored purple crayon on our front door. So I am trying to find ways to let him have school with us. He needs something to do while the big boys are working. Today I let him glue foam pieces onto foam "paper." Regular paper does not work with this kid and glue...he uses WAY too much. Maverick also wants to do math but isn't ready for "real" math work yet...so I'm trying to figure something out. And I think I just found it....file folder games. I've tried them before but I forgot about them after I made them. I don't even know where they are. So I found some free ones online...download, print, stick in a file folder and you are ready to go. I am making a couple for Griffin (color matching) and a math one for Maverick(haven't decided which one yet). We'll see how we like them. If it keeps them out of trouble I will be THRILLED!!! When I get them done maybe I'll post pictures. The ones I am using for now I found at www.filefolderfun.com.
Tonight is Biggest Loser Night at the Cessna house! Friends are coming over like they always do (YIPPEE!!) Tonight on the menu is a Taco Bar! Yummy! Well, that is the scoop for today! :)
Have a happy snow day!
No comments:
Post a Comment