Well, Monday has rolled around again and my head is spinning. We had a whirlwind weekend.
Saturday evening some friends of Shane's from the "old days" renewed their wedding vows so we made the trek to Flora with the boys. It was actually a really good time! It made for a late night.
We visited another new church on Sunday morning. We really enjoyed the service and the children's program was good. We are going to go back and see what we think another time. It is a big church so it may be difficult to get involved but at this point we have no interest in being involved anyway.
We watched the Superbowl at a good friend's house. Actually, Shane and Derek watched football while Elisabeth, Cherish and I played Dominoes and watched during the commercials. I have to say Doritoes win the best commercial award in my expert opinion!!! The kids all had a great time and only got in trouble a handful of times. It was a success!!!! :) And Shane and Derek were both rooting for The Saints so they were also pleased with the outcome.
This week we are studying Abraham Lincoln for school work. Friday is his birthday afterall and he is from Illinois. We are reading a story of his life that is really interesting for the boys (I think). Aiden is learning +8 and to solve for "x" (without using those words)in addition problems in math and both big boys are plugging along in phonics. For school today, Griffin colored all over himself with blue marker. We are all working at our own levels as you can see!
I am hosting an Usborne party on Thursday. If you are close and want to come by it is from 6:30-9, come and go as you please. I will have snacks and anyone who places an order will be put in a drawing to win the free hostess books. Come on over!!!
Now I need to get to cleaning the house so I am not embarrassed when all of you come over on Thursday!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment