Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

What a Weekend!

Yesterday the big boys went fishing with Nanny and Pappy all afternoon and got to spend the night. Yeah for everyone!!! Shane and I took advantage (along with Griffin) and went out with Jace and Jen. We laughed as we did it because it seems to be an annual event. We went to Don Sol (yummy Mexican restaurant in Mattoon) and then got the boys Easter clothes and stuff for the egg hunt and their Easter baskets. We did the exact same thing last year. We also went mini golfing. All in all it was a nice evening. I think the boys will be pleased with their Easter candy and stuff too!! And from the nanny and pappy report they did had a great time, behaved well, and ate LOADS of dinner.

Today we had church. Shane led the song service which was long today. Mark just did a 15 minute devotion and the rest was a praise service. I interpretted the entire service in sign language and then interpretted Sunday School like normal. I have to say that by the end of it all I was quite tired. But the service was just wonderful!!! I didn't do a great job in Sunday School though. My brain kinda shut down and I couldn't think of signs...even easy ones! lol I'm sure Dale was laughing at me inside his head!

This afternoon ALL the boys took naps and I got ready for the next 2 weeks of school. We are finishing up reptiles, then insects, then man. All day 6 of Creation. It is very exciting!! We will learn about the food chain and the life cycle of silk worms. We will learn about how ALL man is created in the image of God and yet we are all different. I am so ready to get going.

Aiden is going to start working on telling time and skip counting (10's, then 5's). I have been finishing up my curriculum shopping and he needs those 2 things in order to be ready for the level of math I'm getting but the one under it he will be bored with...and we can learn that I think. He is already asking about and figuring out the clock. And the skip counting he just has to memorize...so we'll get it! I also found a handwriting curriculum I would like to buy. For little guys it seems great because it doesn't go straight to paper and pencil which can be so frustrating for them...we'll use other things. I am going to wait a little while and try to find it used I think...or at least part of it. It is called Handwriting without Tears.

It has been a great weekend and I am so thankful for the nice weather yesterday. Tomorrow we are supposed to get snow (seriously?!?!?). I am so ready for spring and it is just taking entirely too long!!

No comments: