So I am co-leader of the Kindergarten through 4th graders at church. We do the scheduling and help with substitutes and teacher training and stuff like that. We also try to do something extra for the kids every now and again. So I planned an Easter thing for today since there was early dismissal.
It is finished now and I have TWO "notes to self."
1. Do not plan an event for children when there is a full moon.
2. Do not plan an event for children when they have been having parties at school all day for a holiday...they are full of sugar.
3. (I know I said 2 but...) Do not plan an event for children when there is a full moon AND they have had parties with candy at school.
So, although I did "learn" a few things, we had a great time. We made tissue paper flowers and put some in pots to deliver to the nursing home. And we made several into bouquets and walked them to the Hamiltion Apartments (for Seniors) and just set them in front of their doors without knocking. That was kinda a long walk but we needed a chance to walk off some crazies (see above "notes to self").
Anyway, overall it was great. There were 14 kids. They did so great at the nursing home. The residents just loved that we all came in and the kids held their hands and smiled! It was perfect. Although they acted like hooligans while we were doing other things, I was very proud of them in the nursing home. One of them reminded me that the last time I took them to the nursing home that I said I would never take them back. They did MUCH better this time.
I hope that the residents at the Senior Apts enjoy their bouquets. The kids had fun sneaking down the hallway and putting them in front of the doors. They were excited about the surprise!
Well, I am beat and ready to just relax now. It feels good to something good for someone else even if it was tiring!
No comments:
Post a Comment