Well, Shane will be leaving North American Lighting. He has been working there for 5 years and it has been a great job and a blessing to our family. He started working there when we were desperate and it has been great!! That is actually a good story...and one I should share...it is an amazing testimony of how a family can be blessed if you put your faith in God...I'll try to do that this week. But he has been presented with an opportunity that he just had to take.
He will be starting his new job Sept 2 (the day after labor Day) but he just accepted it yesterday. The company is in Effingham so it will cut his commute in HALF!! Yeah! Time is so valuable and I am so glad that he will be able to spend less of it driving! Not to mention the cost of gas!!
And we go there a lot. Everything is in Effingham...Walmart, doctors (ours and the boys), dentist, Walmart, eye doctor, decent restaurants, Walmart, etc. The boys and and I are in Effingham regularly so we'll be able to meet him for lunch. It is just sooooo exciting!
There are not many job's in his field in this area that come available. There aren't many, period, but to catch one is kinda hard. We are so glad that he was able to find this one. Of course, any new thing is nerve-wracking, but it is still exciting! He will still be programming but a different kind than he has been doing. I don't really understand it much but he will be learning new things...that is never a bad thing either.
I just hope the transition goes smoothly.
1 comment:
What am I gonna do? First Kirk, now Shane, probably before too long Ben as well. Ahh the horror.
Post a Comment