Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Back at HOME!!!

Shane and I just got back from our 10 year anniversary trip! It was SO MUCH FUN!!! We left the boys with my parents for 10 days and road tripped down Old Route 66! Our goal was to NOT eat or stay in any chain restaurant or hotels....and we did it! We ate good ole food (I gained 4 lbs in 10 days) and stayed in little out of the way places every night.

Our destination was the Grand Canyon where we rode mules to the bottom of the canyon and stayed overnight in a cabin at Phantom Ranch. The experience was unbelievable. So many people visit the canyon each year (5 million or so) but so few SEE the canyon. It is something I will never forget. The pictures all need to be resized which I am going to work on this week sometime and post a few. They are nothing compared to being there though.

The menu for this week is a "scrap the bottom of the barrel" kinda menu. I go grocery shopping on the 15th and I'm trying to make it till then before I shop after being gone for a while. We did stop and get some produce, milk, bread, and eggs. So this is what we are eating this week.

Monday: Vegetable Tomato Soup
Tuesday: Going to a friends for supper- she is making meatloaf.
Wednesday: spaghetti or pasta of some kind
Thursday: chicken and rice in the crock pot
Friday: is the FIFTEENTH so we will be eating out while we grocery shop. :)

Pictures coming VERY soon of the trip! With a more complete story of the whole thing!

No comments: