Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

From the Mouths of Babes AND Eating humble pie!

Not only is this a two-for day with 2 posts but this is also a two-for post...mark it on your calendar.

From the Mouths of Babes

The other day we walked down to give Max some carrots and apples and get a little fresh air while the spring time lasted (it is cold and rainy now so I'm glad we did it when we could). Anyhow, we only walk about a 1/2 mile so I decided that Griffin could walk and did not take a stroller. (Note to self: this is NOT a good idea-Griffin walks really slow and stops to daydream). Anyway, on our way back Maverick tripped and totally fell down. He tore the knee of his pants and scraped up his hands. He was hysterical, naturally.

I had Aiden hold Griffin's hand and keep walking home while I walked with Maverick. Maverick was sobbing. In between sobs, he said "Mom, you shoulda brought the stroller so I could ride if I fell and got boobies on my hands." I started giggling, I couldn't help it. He said "Mom you shouldn't laugh when someone has boobies on their hands." I replied "Boobies, Maverick?" And he looked at me and said "booboo's mom, You knew that" with all the disgust in the stupidity of mom that a 4 year old boy could muster.

I, of course, ran straight home and called a friend and Shane to relay the story. (Maverick did not know this and I did get him bandaides first). They both laughed along with me and my friend raised a good point....most guys don't cry when they have boobies in their hands. :-) The whole thing still makes me laugh.

And now a story on myself called Eating Humble Pie!

The boys love to play computer games and we have a few CD's with games for them. They were taking turns today and I have to help switch the CD's and get them going each time. At the very end I came over to shut them down cause their time was up and all my minimized windows were gone. They have done this before and know they are not supposed to "X anything." I was angry and I asked who did it. No one would answer and then Maverick shrugged and said "Griffin?" So they got in trouble for not answering and were sent to their rooms. After a little while, I went in and told them that because they messed with things on mommy's computer they weren't supposed to they were not allowed to play computer games for 1 week. And that their punishment for lying was over and they could come out of their rooms. Then I sat down to get things going again...THEN IT HIT ME!!! To get one of the CD's to work I had to shut everything else down. It was ME! I had "X'ed" everything. Why had I not remembered that? So I told them that I made a mistake and was wrong and I had "X'ed" things. It was a good lesson in admitting a mistake for them and an even better lesson in controlling my anger and thinking before speaking for me. Luckily, they forgave me. As Maverick said "Yes, I forgive you, you are mommy." James 1:19 says "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." It is a lesson I would do well to learn!!!

1 comment:

Victoria L. Stankus said...

You are so funny, Kelli. I love reading your blog!