Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Family Doctrine

In our household there are several truths that the children are learning. 1. Jesus loves you. 2. Jesus died to save us from sin. 3. Obey mom and dad. 4. Cubs rock! 5. Cardinals do NOT rock! (not necessarily in this order). These are all things they have been taught since birth....they are being hammered in their little heads so to speak.

We have been going to a Revival all this week that is being preached by John Blackmore. He is an excellent preacher and we are really enjoying his messages (I also think in his next life he may be a comedian-hehe!) He is a Cardinals fan. Maverick was sitting on my mom's lap the other night and she was trying to listen. He was causing just enough distraction to make it difficult for her. She said "Shh...I'm trying to listen." He pointed at her nose and whispered, "Nanny! Did you know you are trying to listen to a Cardinal fan?" Apparently, in Maverick's opinion, this seriously undermines John's authority as a minister. :-)

And I have one bonus story....
The basketball game was on TV on Sunday and Maverick likes the cheerleaders. The screen showed them at one point and Shane pointed it out to Maverick. Maverick's response "I'd like them better with their shirts off." !!!!!!!!!!! WHAT!!!! Where did he even get that idea? I think by the time they are grown it will be hard to surprise me.

Next time I'll tell some stories on the other boys...Maverick has just been on fire this week.

3 comments:

Susan Shull said...

How adorable is that! When did you start blogging?

the Queen :) said...

Not sure which Susan you are but I've been blogging for a couple years....I'm just not very good at consistency.

Céline said...

yay for the cardinals ... and for john blackmore ;-)