Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

The Start of New Week!

Well, Monday has rolled around again and I can't say I'm thrilled. Shane was able to work from home on Friday because of the weather and that was nice. Now we are all back to the real world.

I am not doing so well with my exercising. I want to but I just don't want to get out of bed. I slept in again this morning so now I have to figure out how to get it done during the day. It would be so much better if I would just get up but yuck! Anyway, I'll get to it sometime today, I hope.

Shane has been reading Sea Chest in the Attic by Warren Hussey Bouton to the boys at night. They finished it last night. The boys loved the mystery of it! Shane did different voices and made it really good. We are going to start another one in the same set tonight I think. It is part of a set called "A Spooky Tale From Nantucket." We have 3 of them and I don't know if there are more. They were a great Christmas gift though. Thanks Uncle George!!

Yesterday afternoon we got to play in the snow. Doug and Lana had a big party on the pond. The big kids played ice hockey, some folks ice fished and I put on my ice skates after at least 5 years. I thought it had been 10 but Shane and I went skating at the ice rink in Champaign once so it hasn't been quite that long. Despite the snow on the pond, it was great to skate. I only fell once when I hit a pile of snow that someone had pushed altogether to clear off a spot for fishing. This morning my calves and abs are sore. It was quite a workout I guess. When we got home it was just after 5 and with it getting dark so quickly, I was ready for bed by 6:30...it was a long quite evening.

Well, it is time to get breakfast (what I we are going to have?) and get ready to start school. This week we are starting a 2 week unit on telling time. Also including days of the week and months of the year for Maverick (Aiden could really use the practice as well).

Yep, back to real life! Why does it sneak up on me every week?!?!? :)

No comments: