Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

We ran around like crazy people this weekend...and I think are still recovering. :( We're having some rough days the last couple.

Anyway, on Saturday mom and I met my sister at the Amish Grocery we love so much. I got all kinds of good stuff! And spent so little comparatively. I just love that place!!! Heather took us to a new restaurant. It was called the Flat Top Grill. It is a neat place and the food was good. You pick all your raw ingredients (like a salad bar) and then your sauces and meat and they stir fry it for you. Nice! The waitress helped me with my sauce and although it was good she added a bit too much horseradish. Yikes! Next time I'll do my own sauce.

That evening we had a meeting with one of our elders to discuss some things at church. We were at his house until after midnight. We'd been talking for about 5 hours. I am not sure what I think will happen next. I think that both elders we've met with listened and are going to investigate but I'm not sure what will come of it, if anything. We are currently visiting other churches. Well, we skipped this time cause we just didn't get out of bed.

Then Sunday afternoon we had a birthday party to attend. Maverick's future wife, and my best friend's daughter turned 4. They rented the local roller skating rink and we got to take bikes and play for 2 hours. Although they invited several families, it was just us and them. Aiden and Maverick both wanted to skate. I was surprised at how well they did by the end of the 2 hours. I think we are going to get several families together and rent it again. It is cheaper than going during all skate hours and the floor is emptier and we can take bikes so that Griffin can play. It was SO much fun....and a great workout.

We are getting ready for our Biggest Loswer party and weigh in tonight. Oddly, it is one of the highlights of my week because it is so nice to get together with some friends and visit and eat and be relaxed. Each week we do a pot luck that we *try* to keep pretty healthy. Tonight we are having black bean chili burgers with a big side salad. It should be pretty good for us and they are YUMMY!!!! I've already made one dressing for the salad and am off to make another before I feed the boys lunch and put them down for naps. We need to be happier people before our friends come over tonight.

No comments: