
It has been a long time and I never really think that anyone has been reading anyway so I never post. However, someone asked Shane today if all is ok since I hadn't posted in several weeks. So I am going to try to keep things updated better.We are all doing well. I think that Maverick is doing better after starting to eat less processed food. Not everyone agrees but it doesn't really matter much to me anymore. Our previous diet was not bad but because of the brands we were buying we were still eating a lot of nonsense. As an added bonus, I am not getting headaches as often anymore either.
But this is not related at all to the title of this post. Last weekend, 6 friends and I went to Chicago for 3 days to run in the skirtchasers race. It is a 5k (3.1 miles) and all the women get running skirts and a 3 minute lead on the men. The men then "chase the skirts" to the finish line. Whoever crosses the finish line first, regardless of gender, wins $500!! I wish I could say that one of us won but we weren't even close. But, man did we have a great time!! Mom, Heather (my sister for those who don't know), my best friend Cherish and I went up early on Friday. It was a leisurely drive and we had a BLAST on the drive! It was a great start!
Saturday before the race, we went to IKEA for the first time...It was AWESOME!! It was a good thing Cherish brought her van since Heather got an area rug! And I did a bit of damage in small stuff.
Then came the race. I finished 2nd in our group with a finishing time of 33:41. Not my fastest time but I'm pleased with it. Heather was 3rd in the group and finished in 36:56. Mom finished in 46:19. We are all happy with our time. This was Heather's first race and she has "caught the bug." We had such a wonderful time!!!
Mom, Heather, Cherish, me, Nancy, Jamie, Robin!
Me mom and Heather pumped post race!!
All the single "skirts" and "chasers" could get a sticker to mark them as wanting to be "caught." Heather stuck hers on her butt!! Is anyone surprised?!?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment