Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday Posting!

First a disclaimer, I am TIRED so you're just gonna have to deal with any typos or grammatical errors.

Shane and Aiden took the train up to Chicago on Saturday for a Father/Son weekend for Father's Day. They kept very busy from the stories I heard this morning at 1 am. (that should explain why I am tired). They went to Navy Pier, a short stop at the zoo, a Cubs game (the whole reason for the trip) and up the Sears Tower. Aiden had a blast and Shane said it was a wonderful trip! They took pictures but I have yet to upload to the computer. Maybe tonight....maybe not.

While they were gone Maverick and Griffin got to spend the night with Nanny and Pappy. They spent the entire day down there on Saturday and I went to a 12 hour crop (think scrapbooking-not corn) with a good freind. It was at Daisy Lane in MAttoon which is a wonderful place. My goal was to get caught up on Griffin's book since if you looked at it he was still in the hospital. I got 20 pages done on Saturday and the book is at Griffin's first birthday. Woo Hoo! Sunday while the boys were napping Cherish (the scrapbooking friend) came over and we did a few more pages. I did 9 more. So the scrapbooks are getting caught up. I shoud take some pictures of my really cool pages and post them. Maybe tonight...maybe not.

The scrapbooking made me even more excited for the garage. In the rec room upstairs I am going to have a little crafty corner so we can go up there and I can do a page here and there when I have time. It will be set up so I don't have to put everything back into crates all the time. However, due to the fact that we have had T-storms every day for the last week that isn't looking promising. Last night it rained almost 2 inches (1 9/10 to be exact) in 25 minutes. Our building site (the yard) isn't just wet...it is ankle deep with water. We just can't concrete in with that kind of water. We did get the rock laid so that *should* help...it won't have to be as dry. I need to contact our concrete guy and let him know that it is just too wet again. Maybe tonight...maybe not.

The boys are still doing some "school" work most mornings...we just have better days with some structure. Lots of Alphabet coloring sheets, and tray work. Not really *school* but time spent at the table. We are also seriously playing games and doing puzzles. I am not such a fan of games but I LOVE doing puzzles iwith them.

Well, things are getting a bit out of hand here so off I go to play referee and lunch lady. Oh the joys of being a stay at home mom...at least I don't have to wear the black and white striped shirt or the hair net. :)

No comments: