Thank you Amy for my totally cool birthday gift! I love all the pictures. For those of you who aren't Amy and are wondering...she made a picture collage of black and white photos of Paris. Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coeur, Palais Royal, among others. I just LOVE it!!!! And I have been wanting to work over our master bedroom for a while and have had some ideas...but no inspiration...UNTIL NOW!!! I am pulling that black and white and some elements from the photos (like vertical stripes) and going crazy. I also have a white candle with "believe" in black on it (Uppercase Living door prize...thanks) and some other things. My hope chest and window are now the main focus for inspiration in the rest of the room.
Now, our comforter is still is great condition and really pretty. I still like it...but I think it is going to look like I almost redecorated the room and punked out and didn't get a comforter to match. So I've been doing some online shopping. I was thinking about a black and white toile (kinda like little flowers) but I found a really neat reversible black and white damask comforter at Walmart.com. I think I like it...and I like that it is reversible. It is bold but not too modern. Floral...but not too girlie. I am hoping to make a fabric headboard for the bed and throw in some splashes of red...not blood red or hooker red...but a nice red..around the room! I am SO excited!!!
Then to finish it off...at my Uppercase Living party in July (I'll post details later) my goal is to be able to get "I love you!" custom made in several different languages to put around the room. I've translated from English (which will be up there too) to Italian, French, Spanish, German (not very pretty looking), and I think that is all. I think they will just be "randomly" put around the room...we'll see. And no I don't speak all those languages...I just found a handy-dandy translator online. I hope it is right!
OK, now that you are likely bored to tears...I'm done. I know not everyone gets so excited about this kind of thing and Shane would accuse me of using made up "girl words" (toile and damask) but I can't help it! I just LOVE this idea!
Thanks Amy...for the great birthday gift!!!
1 comment:
Glad you liked the gift... Just a thought, as far as sources of inspiration -- Sandi Patti had a song several years ago called "Love in Any Language," and I know she said "I Love You" in at least four languages. The lyrics might also be a good source for pithy quotes to use?
Post a Comment