Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Flood of June 2008
We had a TON of rain over my birthday weekend this year. I was out of town on a trip (see post below). This is some of what I came home to...this is the road that we use most to get home...I had to take an alternate route....and am still having trouble remembering not to turn to get home this way. This is not a washed out bridge. There was a culvert but it is completely washed down stream. This is probably 12-15 feet deep and 20 feet across or so...CRAZY!!!

Aiden had a hard time believing water could do something like this so we are going to do a science experiment on erosion today or tomorrow...probably tomorrow. He is very interested in the "crack in the road" and that it was caused by water erosion. So we are going to make some "cracks" in dirt ourselves...on a much smaller scale!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment