Proverbs 22:15 Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline will drive it far from him.
Today has not been a great day. I had a lot to get done and feel like I am running behind. I should have realized that it would not be a great day. The boys had a busy weekend with not enough sleep, too much junk food, and it was a full moon last night.
So Aiden's new glasses had gotten horribly bent out of shape. He hasn't even been able to wear them. So the first thing on my long to do list was take him to Effingham to have them bent back into shape and tightened. On the way there, he and Maverick were fighting in the van and he grabbed Maverick's arm, drawing blood with his fingernails. At that I added clip boys fingernails to my already long list.
On the way home, Maverick yelled at me non-stop. Turn up the music, turn off the music I want to sleep. Finally, I told him if he was sleeping, he needed to stop talking.
When we got home, I needed to can green beans. But of course, I have lost my instruction manual for my canner. OK, there are a lot of things I don't worry too much about the instructions but running a pressure canner is not one of them. It took me a while and a phone call to customer service, I found the instruction manual to download online. In the meantime, the children have destroyed the front room. There were toys EVERYWHERE.
I got the green beans going and made lunch. They all asked for peanut butter to dip their apple slices in. I happily obliged! Then I caught Aiden scraping the peanut butter off his plate WITH HIS HANDS and putting it on the plates of the other boys...WITH HIS HANDS! Seriously?!?!? In what world is THAT a good idea?!!?!?!
But wait...there is more!
I was working on cleaning up the kitchen and watching the canner pressure to make sure my green beans were going to be successful and the canner wasn't going to explode, when Maverick comes out of Aiden's bedroom and says "Look what Aiden did" On his face, there is writing with ball point ink pen. He has whiskers, a black nose and something that looks like ears on his forehead. Then Griffin came out...he only had whiskers. I went looking for Aiden. It took me a while to find him...he was hiding under his bed. When I asked him about it he said Maverick did it himself. I sent them all to their room. In short time, Aiden admitted he lied and he had done the drawing. They all stayed had to go to their rooms and Aiden got hot sauce on his tongue for lying. Maverick and Griffin are also in trouble because they had to sit STILL for him to do that. They can't sit still in church but they can sit still for Aiden to draw that much on their faces...the art work was actually well done if it weren't on someone's face.
Then I called Shane to tell him what had happened and as I was telling him about the "ears," and Aiden yells from his bed "They aren't ears...they are eyebrows!" Seriously??? He thought correcting me was a good idea!?!?!
Now they are asking for paper and crayons and markers for drawing! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!
So, the day has not really gone as planned. The only thing I've gotten done is Aiden's glasses getting tightened and as I typed this I heard all the green beans seal. Unfortunately that is just the tip of the iceberg. I did get one other thing done that I added to my to-do list- I made cookies. Chocolate is my drug of choice for a bad day!
1 comment:
Kelli and Shane.
One day you will look back on this day and 'laugh'..... I know, it doesn't look that way now but I guarantee you it will happen.
Enjoy the boys. Keep sharing. I absolutely love to see and hear about your adventures.
Kelli - Keep writing, and if possible, put all of this in a book. I'm betting you could get published one day!
Rob Kelley
Post a Comment