Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Well, I have lacked horribly in the "blog update" area of life. It just doesn't occur to me most of the time. But when I looked and it has been nearly 2 months I thought...Man that is SAD!!!

So I'll give a bullet point rundown of the last few months/weeks.

  • We had VBS at Scott Avenue and it was great!!! I love VBS!!!
  • Shane, Maverick, and Aiden were picking blackberries and Maverick got into a nest of hornets. Eight stings, 1 ER visit, and a dose of steriods later, he was fine.
  • Griffin got a mild dog bite on his face. Mild only because the dog didn't break the skin. It goes from the corner of his eye to the corner of his lip. He saw the dr during normal business hours. On antibiotics for a week.
  • Maverick fell and put two teeth COMPLETELY through his bottom lip. Another ER visit, and x-rays later he is fine again. On antibiotics for a week.
  • Aiden got his first 2 "big" teeth. Unfortunately, they came in behind his baby teeth and the baby teeth did not get loose. One trip to a oral surgeon and laughing gas later, he has 2 less baby teeth and $2 from the tooth fairy. We are praying those adult teeth move forward like the dr. said they would.
  • We started Kindergarten. We are on week 4 now I think...I've kinda lost track in my mind. We are doing well and learning a lot and having fun! I am glad we didn't do public school. The very first week Aiden would have missed 2 days for this whole dentist thing.
  • Aiden started playing soccer. Shane is assistant coaching the team with our youth minister. The first practice was last week and Aiden did well despite not having shin guards (shame on mommy) which he said he desperately needed. We have practice tonight where we will also have shin guards!!!
  • Our garage is finally coming together. We are getting the roof going this week. I'm "hoping" by the end of labor day weekend it will be all enclosed. There will still be a lot of work to do but it will be weather safe and it shouldn't blow over.

So that is the excitement of the last few weeks/months. It is never dull around here which is maybe my excuse for not posting a note as often as I should. I kinda wonder if anyone is still looking in on my lonely little blog here.

For the next few weeks, the boys and I are continuing to study the Tower of Babel Story found in Genesis. From this perspective, we have studied cities, architecture and building (great with the garage project), and now we are studying languages of the world and hearing. Phonics and math are going well also. Well, off to read play snakes and ladders with Maverick, read some story books to Griffin and get ready for rest time before reading another chapter in "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" to the big boys.

2 comments:

Céline said...

I am still looking for some news and it's nice to have some time to time.

celine

Anonymous said...

This is Shane's friend and former co-worker, Rob Kelley.

I read your blog and enjoy hearing how your family is doing, especially the boys.

YOU are very talented in your writing. Please keep it up. Also, Keep that husband of yours busy. I'd hate for him to be bored... hahaha

Rob