The last three days have been simply wonderful! We are weaning out the tv and it has proven a great decision. At first I thought about how I would get anything accomplished. But it hasn't been a problem. The kids find things to do and have a great time. This morning they woke up and got out a board game to play...and then they did. It was so nice. They are still watching a little tv...maybe an hour throughout the day but it is much better. And it is ONLY shows that I think serve some purpose that they get to watch. I am so pleased with the way it has gone.
We have done school work each day...some more heavily than others but they ask to do it and I am so proud of what they are learning.
Wednesday night Shane had to work late so we all went to church for dinner and then class. Aiden and Maverick were such helpers. They each got their own plate and drink and ate nicely. They cleared their places at the table and helped clear mine and Griffin's. It was a ray of sunshine when generally leaving the house with them by myself stresses me out. Monday was a stressful leaving the house kind of day.
Granted, I know this is a pendulum that will swing in the other direction at some point and maybe even soon. But I want to have a chance to revel in the joy that peace in my home creates. Even though it has not been a perfect week, it has been a wonderful and peaceful three days. And I hope it only continues.
1 comment:
Kelli,
I gave you an award on my blog. You can grab it from www.misscarie.blogspot.com.
Blessings,
Carie
Post a Comment