Pages

Monday, December 8, 2008

Jingle Bell 5K

A friend challenged me to start running a few months ago.  We found an online program that uses interval training to get you started...I've posted about it before.  So Dec 6 was my first "race."  Actually, we took a group of 17 women (plus a few kids and Jace) to either run or walk the 5K.  It was cold and it snowed for a while.  We even had a little freezing rain or sleet (I don't really know what the difference is).  The run was WONDERFUL!!!  I absolutely LOVED it!!  I ran way more than I thought I could, only walking a few times here and there.  I don't know my exact time yet but I finished in about 35 minutes!!  I totally surprised myself.  I finished 117th overall...I don't know how many there were in the race though.
Along with walking, Jace was our photographer...

I have just passed mile marker 2 I think at this point...I was feeling a little worn out but a friend was just a  little ahead so I worked to catch her!  Yeah!
This is not all of us but several of us got together for a picture!  It was so much fun!!!

No comments: